Google+

Sunday 16 November 2014

Contorted : Romantic Poem

This poem belongs to the league of Limbo and Paramour, where the word inspired me to explain it in my version, and what can be a better subject to experiment on than love. Yeah, this stuff is so readily available and yet always in dearth! 
I wanted to portray Contorted as an emotion and this is what I could construct.
Happy Reading :)

Note: Read through the end and you shall surprise yourself, with a whole new meaning which I bet you wouldn't have thought off while reading the poem! Yeah, that's a bet for sure.



Contorted

Seduced by that forbidden fruit,
I entered the world of dreams, of pain.
A heaven descendant sent as a recruit:
to spill my blood in drain.

Ethics intact, I cherished his brutal force,
his eyes reflected the corpse of me:
his touch so coarse.
Life on the verge of necropolis, looked up at its source,
the bestower of love, of life, of guilt and of remorse.


Abashed, abased I abdicate,
the angel eyed me askance,
for a split second he tried to co-relate,
whilst hope held me in its abeyance.

**************************************

Now, I gaze at the constellations,
trying to reach them, trying to cross that one gate.
Loves presence was the only consolation,
that left me writhing forever, in this contorted state. 

And so the reader that reads till the end gets the benefit ;)
This poem, by mistake, also relates to the tragic love story of Orion and Apollo, and the immortal friendship of Orion and Artemis (Apollo's sister); yeah when I wrote this I had no inkling of this amazing correlation, and this was revealed to me by my friend,  Pallavi. 

So here goes their story in brief - Orion (who accordingly to mythology was an extremely handsome gay) and Apollo (the sun, he liked the pleasure of being in company of both women and men) enjoyed their time together one afternoon, but when Orion innocently accuses Apollo about their relationship, the Lord despises him and blasts off, for according to Apollo this was against nature and being the God he cannot preach something like that. (Hypocrisy was born here!).
Next morning Orion wakes up from a horrible dream, he founds that Apollo sent a ghostly spider to kill him. Now this mighty hunter fights for his life, and plunges in an ocean as his last attempt.
Meanwhile, Apollo visit's Artemis and fakes some story and asks her to kill Candaon, who raped one of Artemis's priestesses, and who is currently swimming the ocean to escape his deeds.
Artemis, a great hunter, without giving a thought that this could be a made up story, goes out and strike Orion's head.
Later on when she gets to know what she has been made to do, and after a failed attempt to revive Orion, she placed his body amongst the stars as a tribute to their friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment