Google+

Saturday 8 February 2014

Drenched | Poem

During one of those times when it rained heavily in Delhi, I was on the roof singing, dancing (like normal people do, shaadi wala dance types) and doing a little bit of thinking as well. Later on when I thought about those thoughts, I realized of framing them up in a romantic poem.
This one which I'd published over the web months ago,  which you'll now be reading as a re-post.



Life trickled down through my crust,
I let it hover around with all my trust,
my fragrance sublimates and goes along,
like a lover consumed by wanderlust.

My chest pressed against the sandy floor,
each crash of thunder made my pulse soar,
the drops promised from where they belong,
my happiness conveyed  with the clouds roar.

They wend their way,
the advancement is made
through night and day.

Some percolate deep in the soil,
some gel with the petroleum oil,
some find their way to the stream,
whilst some vaporize in the strong beam.

They lose their existence yet remember their pact,
to You they shall carry my aroma, intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment